Recently I started a novel writing/planning notebook as a way to put my motivation and ideas down on paper and I thought it might be cool to post it on here as well.
So, here are a few reasons why I want to write my own novel.
- A way to create something and be creative.
- Share stories that I would want to read.
- Increase Indigenous inclusion in literature.
- Maybe explore a specific theme (love, loss, anger, etc.)
- Start doing instead of dreaming.
- Make money doing something I love.
- Fulfill a lifelong dream.
I’m honestly so excited about writing my own novel. I know it’s going to be a lot of hard work, but I intend to push myself as far as I can to make this dream become a reality. Here’s my tentative upcoming plan for getting started:
September: Why I want to write, How I want to do it, Find inspiration. Set up an organizational, planning, and writing system.
October: PLAN. Write my character bios, create an outline, figure out the plot, etc.
November: NANOWRIMO. Write my novel. The first rough draft doesn’t have to be perfect and I plan on taking that to heart in November. I am going to write harder than I ever have before and, hopefully, get a first draft written from start to finish.